Being an Expert is Not EnoughAug 25, 2022
Being an "expert" is not enough. You have to be the GO-TO expert. You need to be the expert that people remember. So how do you do that? By becoming visible.
I often talk about finding your V.O.I.C.E. in a crowded space. Why? Because I want you to become the visible, original, impactful, confident (GOTO) expert that you are.
In today's world the emphasis and the foundation of this is visibility - both in-person and digitally.
The reality: it's hard to be the go-to expert if people can't find you. Our digital world has given us a greater dependence on search engines. What they find and and what they don't becomes part of our professional reputation.
So, how do you take control? By embracing and consistently utilizing digital platforms such as LinkedIn, videos, newsletters, and webinars (to name a few). There has to be something to find in order for you to be found.
When a future client or employer “googles” your name, what are they finding?
- Do they find pictures that are updated and relevant?
- Do they find an updated website and current and relevant articles, blogs and videos?
- Or are they finding things that are dated, irrelevant, or worse yet, nothing at all
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Am I findable? When I "google" yourself, do the top search results (video, articles, blog posts) demonstrate my current expertise?
- Am I top-of-mind? Am I currently using social media, video and blogging on a consistent basis?
- Am I relevant? Am I presenting myself visually (in-person, digitally, and through written communication) in a way that is up-to-date and relevant to my expertise and goals?
It’s up to you to make sure that your image and your personal brand is speaking loudly, accurately, and consistently. Consistency is key to becoming and staying top-of-mind. And being top-of-mind is what set’s you up to become the go-to expert. If you're not the go-to expert, who is? Your competitor!
What does that mean to you? A loss of opportunity and money simply because you didn't make yourself:
Get it right and it means increased:
- financial gain
Are you ready to become the visible, original, impactful, confident GOTO EXPERT? Visit The Image Impact Group: www.theimageimpactgroup.com.
Are you ready to show up consistently? Start by taking the Image Impact Assessment. Click below to begin your no obligation assessment.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.